Regular visits to the dentist are vital to maintain optimal oral health. Many people make time to clean their house, car, garage, or closets at least twice a year. However, they often forget to include oral health on their “to-do” list. Don’t wait until you experience pain to schedule an appointment with your dentist.
Regular Professional Cleaning and Examinations
Regular professional cleaning and examinations are your first line of defense against tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancers, and other oral illnesses. These routine visits allow for early identification and treatment of any oral illness, which leads to less-invasive treatment options and improves outcomes.
Why Do We Avoid Going to the Dentist?
The HDI institute, in a study done with the American Dental Association, lists some of the main reasons why people sometimes delay going to the dentist. The most common causes are cost, low perceived need, time, and anxiety. However, delaying oral care can lead to more serious issues.
When Should We See the Dentist?
The American Dental Society recommends maintaining twice-yearly visits for cleaning and examinations. In addition, make an appointment with your dentist for any of the following concerns:
- Pain in your mouth, teeth, or face
- Injury to your mouth, teeth, or face
- Conditions that can affect oral health, such as diabetes
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Bleeding, swelling, or redness in your gums
- Recent dental treatment, such as fillings, crowns, implants, or root canal
- Pain or difficulty eating or drinking
- Chronic dry mouth
- Smoking or tobacco use
- Sores in your mouth that are not healing
- You have questions or concerns about your oral health or hygiene
Take Action Now
Don’t wait until you’re in pain to see your dentist! Our Hartington NE dentist is here to help you achieve and maintain your best oral health. Schedule your next appointment now by contacting Family First Dental – Hartington.